How Much Are Laminate Floor Installation Materials?
The first thing to think about is the type of laminate flooring you’re after. There is a range of different qualities and materials to choose from, and they all have their own prices. The current price range for laminate flooring falls anywhere between $15 and $45 per square metre. Other factors that impact the price here include the overall thickness of the board and the finish used. A 5 mm floorboard is going to cost less than an 8 mm floorboard, for example.
There are also a lot of different finishes available for laminate flooring. A textured laminate finish, or one that has been hand-scraped, is going to cost more than a standard laminate with no textured finish. Finally, the material you use plays a significant role in the overall price of laminate flooring. Timber laminate flooring is highly durable and looks fantastic, but it is much more expensive than standard laminate flooring options.
How Much Is Laminate Floor Installation?
The next factor is the cost of installation, which again varies depending on the nature and intricacy of the work. The average cost of laminate flooring installation is around $35 to $50 per square metre. With that said, there are a lot of things that go towards the final price for the installation. Some of the main things to think about include:
- Floorboard thickness: You can expect to pay more for the installation of thicker boards as they take longer to fit.
- The floating floor: Depending on the quality of materials used, the time and effort required to install a floating floor varies.
- The underlay: Much like the floorboards themselves, if the underlay is thicker or higher quality, more care must be taken to install the underlay.
- The floorplan: A larger space requires more materials and labour to install the laminate flooring, so expect to pay more for bigger rooms. This is also the case for complex designs, such as patterning or an unorthodox floor plan.
- The installer: Many laminate floor installers offer great prices but cut corners. It’s not always a guarantee, but if you’re looking for a high-quality laminate flooring installation, don’t go for the cheapest available fitter.
There are a lot of factors at play when it comes to pricing the installation of laminate flooring. Once you’ve considered all of the above variables, you’ll be in a much better position to identify the best price for the laminate flooring you’re looking for.
Looking for laminate flooring installation on the Gold Coast?
If you live on the Gold Coast and are looking for a flooring installation team, give us a call on 07 5355 0011 today.
We offer competitive rates and our team of experts are experienced with installing a wide range of flooring types!